By now you are probably already a little impressed with the power and capabilities offered by Scratch’s online program. However, were you aware that Scratch can enter the physical world as well?
Take a look at the playlist below and use Scratch 2.0 to prorgram the Lego Wedo Kit, as well as the Lego Robotics kits. There is no limit to your imagination with Scratch!
Lego Wedo: The Basics
For those that want to see the basic build instructions you can find them here:
The past several years have seen a growing interest in the Hour Of Code movement. This year saw the greatest success to date, with 115 million students writing over 6 billion lines of code!
Now that we have leared the basics of scratch, let’s try the Hour of Code track and see what else we can create.
Hour of Code:
Now let’s write some code! Click here to get started.
Before you start make sure you have the proper tweepy files. You can download them from the OneDrive folder below.
- Log into machine
- Click On Start button open computer
- Double click C: and browse and verify C:\Python27 exists
- If folder is there you can close window if not have teacher place helpdesk call.
- Steps for first time setup of Python User Configurations need to be run at least once on computer.
- Click on start button and type this into the search box Software Center
- Click on software center and it should open to the following picture have the student click on the link that says “Find Additional applications from the application catalog” I have highlighted red box around it